Each year at the Home and Family Conference we highlight Cultural Art projects and Heritage Skills
Please note the following regulations regarding projects
- No pre-registration is needed. You may send in forms ahead, or bring them with the item at Conference. All items will be displayed.
- Each county is allowed ONE (1) entry in one of the three categories: Quilts. Needlework, or Crafts/Miscellaneous. If there is a concern as to which category the item fits within, the exhibitor will make the choice with the help of the registering committee.
- The entire article entered must be a finished item & the work of Indiana Extension Homemaker member(s).
- The exhibit must have been completed within the last two (2) years, and never before exhibited at Home and Family Conference.
- There will be a 1st place winner in each of the three categories. Winners will be announced at the closing program.
- Viewers will have the chance to vote for each category. The times for voting will be announced.
- IEHA is NOT RESPONSIBLE for LOST, MISPLACED or BROKEN ITEMS.
- Each county is responsible for getting the entry to Conference for setup. Materials used for transport cannot be left in the Cultural Arts display area.
- There should be no visible personal identification on the entry.
- No Volunteer Community Support items will be accepted.
- Each year, plans are to have a special feature category. This will be announced at Fall District Meetings.
- For more information, contact the Cultural Arts Chairperson.
Cultural Arts Special Project 2018
The special project for 2018 is a “recycled item”-taking a waste item and repurposing into a new item. An example would be to take an empty coffee container and repurpose into a bird house.
The item can be no larger than 12″ x 12″ x 12″.
Each county may enter one recycled item in the special project category. Attendees will be able to vote for their favorite item.